bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What is an APA-certified editor? Is APA-certified editor an actual credential? If yes, is there a universally-accepted proof in the U.S. for that credential? I tried a web search on "how to - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Is APA-certified editor an actual credential?

If yes, is there a universally-accepted proof in the U.S. for that credential?

I tried a web search on "how to become an APA-certified editor." I clicked through four pages of the hits where the bulk of the references were about obtaining PhDs or APA licensing.

The hits I did find were for a few people advertising their services for APA-style editing, and one reference to an APA editing workshop.

I'm interested in (maybe) editing dissertations for doctoral students at small for-profit universities (not editing journals).

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I am almost entirely certain that no such thing exists as an actual credential from the APA directly. However, I would imagine that some programs, maybe at the community college level or other certifying bodies, may offer a certificate as an APA-style editor (or any other style).

I have a four-year degree in writing and rhetoric, and the track I was in was Writing as a Discipline which would most closely align with something like this, and still no... no certification (granted my school was primarily an MLA shop, but there was no MLA-certified editor option, either).

Remember that, given the desire and options, you can become "certified" in almost anything. Johnny's Certification Shack could offer you a cert in APA-style editing. That doesn't mean that anyone, especially the APA, would be impressed.

Load Full (0)