bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Beginning to write a novel? I already wrote the girl's (Ali) chapter and I'm very pleased with it as I've been trying a lot of different things for about two years now and when I start the - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I already wrote the girl's (Ali) chapter and I'm very pleased with it as I've been trying a lot of different things for about two years now and when I start the boy's (Gunner) chapter I can't figure out how to make it interesting. It's a love story, but they haven't met yet. Ali has just gotten into a terrible car accident and her brother drops everything to get her at the hospital when he finds out. Gunner is her brother's best friend, and he knows of Ali but hasn't met her yet because they're in college while she just finished high school and her brother is over-protective of her and doesn't want any of his friends around her. I want Gunner's chapter to start when Matt rushes out to get Ali, but Matt doesn't explain where he's going or why he's so worried, but the reader will know because Ali's chapter comes first. Is there any advice anyone can give me on how to start this? Thanks!

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Debbie451

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Give Gunner a problem to deal with. Let him try to solve it. But arrange for him to fail, and for things to get worse instead of better.

That's called a try/fail cycle. Try/fail cycles are standard elements of much fiction.

Load Full (0)