bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Continue working it through or start over? I'm writing a novel, but due to lack of time because these years for me are very important for my academic future, it hasn't progressed that much. - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I'm writing a novel, but due to lack of time because these years for me are very important for my academic future, it hasn't progressed that much. However, I like it very much and would like to finish it, plus I have invested a lot of time into editing and the like. The entire plot is ready with the exception of a few minor conflict kinks, and I have a trilogy planned.

However, I'm the type of writer that gets struck with other inspirations, and currently I just got hit with one I'm itching to write--an 8 book series in which the entire plot for the first book is also planned out; yep, I got reaaally into it.

Should I stick it out and work harder on the original project? That's what I lean to; I ought to finish the trilogy first. But at the same time, I find myself sketching the character designs for my other inspiration...

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

For me, personally, the most exciting point of any project is the initial burst of inspiration, and my interest always wanes near the end. So when I start any project, I always need to make a personal commitment to finish it, or else I end up with all starts, and no finished projects.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I've found that the best time to write is when the inspiration is active and flowing on its own. If you've got thoughts and images pressing to the front of your brain and the words and outlines are presenting themselves - write them down! Don't put it off. Then, when the urgency to work on your 8 book series begins to wane, switch gears back to the novel you're currently writing and push to finish it up. Also, the break might allow your subconscious some breathing room to work out the "kinks" on its own.

Load Full (0)