bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What is the original source of the Lawrence Durrell quote starting with "My spirit turns more and more [...]"? This may be more appropriately called a "Literature" or "History" question but as - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This may be more appropriately called a "Literature" or "History" question but as it's about a writer, I thought I'd try here first. I'm seeking more information about the origin of the following quote, which appears on the flyleaf of the book "The Camp of the Saints" and is attributed to a (nominally) British author named Lawrence Durrell (1912-1990):

"My spirit turns more and more toward the West, toward the old heritage. There are, perhaps, some treasures to retrieve among its ruins ... I don't know."

Durrell produced large numbers of works, including novels, poetry, plays and collections of correspondence with, among others, Henry Miller. This quote could have come from any of them. I've tried searching online but found only references back to the secondary source (authored by Jean Raspail in 1973).

Does anyone know where this quote by Durrell is originally from?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murphy332

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best