bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Where can one go to get a hard cover book bound? I wrote many stories/books in my past...but I do not have the resources to bind and glue/print pages for a book. Where may I go to do that? - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I wrote many stories/books in my past...but I do not have the resources to bind and glue/print pages for a book. Where may I go to do that? or Where can I get the resources to do this on my own?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murphy332

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

As @yblehS says, Lulu is probably your best bet.

I have a book published with Lulu in hard cover and they do a nice, professional job. They have no minimum size on an order so if you just want a handful of copies -- or 1 copy -- that's no problem.

You could buy the equipment to professionally bind a book at home for like a couple of thousand dollars. Unless you're planning to print hundreds or thousands of copies, that's unlikely to be worth the investment.

I'm sure you could come up with a craft-shop approach to it, cut the pages yourself and glue them and make a cover out of cardboard and laminate it and all. But that sounds like a lot of work when Lulu will do it for like ten or fifteen bucks and probably do a better job than you could.

Not hard cover, but: I used to struggle to find an appointment calendar in a format I like every year. Now I make my own. I create a PDF file, send it off to CreateSpace, and order 2 copies. It costs me like . CreateSpace doesn't do hardcover, which brings us back to Lulu.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Lulu gets the most recommendations, I've noticed. I think you can buy individual printed copies or bulk orders.

Load Full (0)