bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Amateur who's writing own work for HubPages - should I move to Blogger/Blogspot? I'm currently writing little things here and there on HubPages. I don't intend to get into blogging "seriously", - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

As you point out, HubPages helps direct traffic your way. I would probably publish both places until I felt comfortable with the income I was receiving from which ever free provider I chose.

Initially I would publish separate articles on both domains (for overall revenue considerations) until traffic was at desirable levels on your custom domain. Then you might choose to move all your HubPages articles to your new domain, since HubPages says you own your content:

PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; CONTENT OWNERSHIP

[...] "HubPages does not claim ownership of Your Hub Content or Author Content. Such content will be owned by You or a third party from whom You got permission to post the content."

I assume the HubPages articles would essentially disappear from the search results. But theoretically, from the new blogspot domain, over time those same articles would get back to where they were?

That depends on a number of factors, some of which might be totally out of your control (as Google makes its own decisions on how it ranks sites).

In short, you may have to build up a large amount of traffic to the new site before that kind of switch occurred. Even so, Google might still choose to rank your older HubPages articles higher based on criteria you have no influence over. If you do some basic SEO, you can mitigate some of that, but personally I knew someone whose articles on another domain were still ranking higher than the one she transfered them to many months after re-publishing on a new domain.

All said, this isn't discouragement -- I personally like publishing on my own domain. But I would say it will likely require some effort to build traffic compared to that of HubPages.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Merenda569

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best