bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is it possible to do novel-scale writing on a Chromebook? I've been looking into Chromebooks for their portability and cost and was wondering what kind of writing tools, if any, exist on the - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I've been looking into Chromebooks for their portability and cost and was wondering what kind of writing tools, if any, exist on the platform that could be used to write larger projects without making one go insane.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

That very much depends on what you need to write with.

If you need the likes of Scrivener then you are going to have some issues working efficiently on a Chromebook (I'm not sure what Chrome apps there are)

However, if you can adapt your writing style to what you have available you will find that there are many tools available.

Personally I have found that google docs to be a perfectly functional word processor for writing in. The ability to create a a metadata file with links etc works well enough.

Although I have recently stopped using even those, I have now moved over to using a basic text editor well not too basic and storing all of my files on a private github repository.

Remember that even in this modern world there are still a large number of authors who use a typewriter, or a pen and paper.

Its all about your approach and how you organise it. Maybe sidestepping the technology will let you focus more on what you're writing (I know it did for me)

Of course your mileage will vary...

Load Full (0)