bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I avoid using the first person in a report when directly referring to work and experiences I have had? I have been asked to write a report on the company I am working at during - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

One way out of this problem is to use the passive voice. It's the bane of fiction but it might be exactly what you need here.

Present yourself has the object of the experience, instead of the subject. For instance:

Lessons Learned. In order to work efficiently at the company, one has to increase their communication skills to the point where they can communicate across technical domains.
The organisational structure of the company is rigid and generates compartments which makes studying its culture difficult but, conversely, helps the operational analysis of each department.
The production process is made opaque by the lack of a global production schedule.

In the last example, your own experience is even implied, not stated, but it still remains clear that it's your personal viewpoint.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Martha805

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best