bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Add Document Data to Chapter Title I'm writing a story using Scrivener. To keep track of the story timeline, I currently write the (fictional) time and date of the happenings of each scene - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm writing a story using Scrivener. To keep track of the story timeline, I currently write the (fictional) time and date of the happenings of each scene in the Document Notes section.

I'm considering including that time and date as part of the chapter title, to help the reader follow the timeline. Is there a way to do that in Scrivener short of moving the information from Document Notes to the body of the text?

I looked at the available placeholder tags in Appendix D of the manual, but don't see anything suitable.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Voss1744584

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You can create custom meta-data tags for the date and time information.

To get this information into the chapter headings, insert the meta data in the chapter heading in compile, using the <$custom:TAGNAME>-tag (where TAGNAME is the name of the custom meta-data tag).

To work with this information in regular editing, add the meta data as columns in the outline view.

Here's a more detailed discussion of headers in Scrivener: 3 Minutes to Better Scrivener Chapter Headings

Load Full (0)