bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can anyone think of books that contain two separate stories or two very different perspectives on the same story being told together? I fear that the question sounds vague and confusing, but - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The classic example of this type of story is the period drama film, Rashomon, directed by Akira Kurosawa. The film is based on two short stories by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa.

The film focuses on one significant event, as recounted by a series of characters. Each telling is starkly different, revealing the biases and intentions each character.

The film is widely used in academia to teach students about this phenomenon. I've heard it used in discussions of law, philosophy, literature, and the social sciences as a byword for subjectivity.

The Man In the High Castle series, recently released by Amazon and based on a story by Philip K. Dick, seems to use the shift in perspective over time that you mention in your question.

I haven't watched the series yet, but the trailer reveals a discrepancy between two versions of the past. The contrast reveals a lot about what has happened during the intervening period, that "History is written by the victors."

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Berumen699

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best