bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Author and illustrator - Do publishers like authors who are also illustrators? Dr. Seuss did it, other authors in the past have done it, but I've heard that publishers like working with specific - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In my experience, most author/illustrators need to first establish themselves as either an author or as an illustrator, and then move towards doing both. The reason is that publishers like to pair a known quantity with a beginner, a big name with an unknown. Once they know you can sell, or have developed a following, then you can pitch yourself as being able to handle both.

I'm sure there are people who have achieved such a perfect marriage of text and illustration that they can sell them both together, even as a first-timer, but the common misconception that one must provide both words and text in order to sell a picture book is completely wrong. The plain truth is that even many of the big name hyphenates are clearly better at one side of things than the other.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best