bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is the best way to learn technical writing? I have a moderate level of skills in technical writing (TW) having gone through graduation in engineering. I was wondering what would be the - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Write and seek feedback!

Useful ways to get feedback:

Volunteer for writing projects that will be reviewed critically. Reviewers are often more attentive and critical when reviewing promotional content, rather than technical. However, for many products, promotional content needs to be technical. As a technical writer, you should know your company's products pretty well. By volunteering for projects that are traditionally considered "promotional", you can help ensure accuracy and clarity of promotional content, while opening yourself up to more and better feedback.
Cultivate relationships with reviewers who value clear communication. Be appreciative of reviewers who give good constructive criticism. Ensure reviewers understand that their criticism makes you a better writer, which translates to better content and a better brand image.
Participate on stackexchange. Although I have just started using this site, I have already noticed that community members are great at copy editing questions/answers.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nickens642

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best