bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I improve this scene? This is the second to last scene in the first chapter. It starts with Lisa hunting and getting a deer and ends with Lisa getting bit by a venomous snake. Now - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Robin heard her screaming and said “My father developed a natural antivenom. Namely, his own antibodies. Maybe your antibodies will react to the venom and your white blood cells will get rid of it.”

It looks like Robin says all this before Lisa gets bit. In addition to being bad advice, it doesn't help Robin avoid the bite. At this point, he should be shouting advice on how to calm the snake down.

Robin heard her screaming and shouted "Keep still! Don't provoke it! I'll be right there." That wasn't much comfort to Lisa, as she stared at the brightly-colored reptile that was now winding its way around her feet.
The snake's head brushed up against her exposed ankle, and Lisa immediately tried to kick it away. The snake easily dodged the kick and bit hard into her skin. "Aah, ****!" She dropped the deer, and the sudden threat of impact caused the snake to leap away and slither quickly back into the woods.
Robin arrived and said "Lisa, are you okay?"

To have Robin give more helpful advice, I'd advise that you search for actual tips for dealing with wild snakes. Here's a short but informative article.
This text has other issues, but the biggest issue with this story isn't in the text. You seem overly eager to come up with excuses to disregard the comments that other people make. If multiple people have the same issue with your text, then you should strongly consider that they are right.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best