bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How can I develop a whole personality for my characters in my fictional story from personality traits How can I give the 4 children in my fictional story personality traits? One is a bossy - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

How can I give the 4 children in my fictional story personality traits? One is a bossy 12 year old girl, one is a 11 year old girl that thinks that life is unfair, one is a 12 year old problem solving boy, and the last one is an kind 11 year old boy.Is this enough to develop a whole personality or do i need more information about my characters?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Pierce369

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Rather than prescribing their traits, you can let them reveal themselves to you by just putting them in situations together and writing. See how they interact, how they disagree, how they respond to conflict, etc. I find this exploratory writing to be a lot more effective than deciding who's who ahead of time.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

The bossy one. (Per my daughter)
She points her finger at me like an accusation. "You said I was the b-o-s-s boss!"
The frustrated one. [My son then says] "Why do we always do what she wants to do. It's not fair!"

"Daddy says I get to make the rules. I'm the b-o-s-s."

"I hate girls!"

"Yeah, well what about Charlotte? You just spent the last hour playing with your hair because we're going to their house tonight."

The problem solver. "Maybe if we tried to compromise we can figure out something we all want to do." Yeah, right.
The introspective kid that just wanders off and does their own thing. "What do you mean you just started painting? We finally all get our shoes on, and now I have to clean paint off the floor?"

Load Full (0)