bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I create tension around a threat which isn't immediately, personally harmful? I'm at the end of chapter 1 of my book, where the protagonist (a cyberterrorist) commits his first terror - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It's the same kind of silent/non-immediate terror that happens when a virus epidemic strikes. There is fear of the future even if the person doesn't have the disease or doesn't know anybody who has it.

With cyber attacks, you could definitely play up the tension of "What will happen next? Could he break in? Is he willing to hurt people?" and while it's not an immediate threat, it can definitely create suspense in your writing.

You could have the cyberterrorist do things like steal valuable information with which he could do serious harm if he exposed or used the info. Maybe he stole the blueprints to build a powerful weapon. Or maybe he stole the location of some top secret object. Or he stole a whole database of people's personal information; who knows what he could do with that!

It's a toe curling anticipation sort of fear.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best