bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What writing exercices should I schedule for the different parts of my day? I’d like to try a regimen of short writing exercises for a few weeks, ideally doing at least one every day. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I heard a really great interview... by someone... somewhere... can't remember though - I'm only saying this because I don't want to take credit for the answer.

The essence of what he said is that whenever you ask an author what they do when they write, they're always going to tell you the things that came hard for them, or the things they really had to work on to learn. The other things - the things they don't tell you about (but that they're often known for and are excellent at) are things that just come naturally to them - they don't even consider them.

So you're going to run into both kinds of things no matter what environment you work in, be it a completely silent room, the train, or on a park bench while watching the kids play.

Some aspects of writing, for you, may be extremely hard and you'll have to work on them and others may come so naturally you might not even know you're doing them.

Thing is - for each person it's different, so no matter what great advice we give, it'll be great advice that works for us but maybe not you.

For me, I keep a pad of paper and a pen with me, and I use Evernote on my phone. I try to keep things simple because one of the things that's hard for me is starting a project and the simpler it is to start, the better.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cugini967

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best