bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do i describe a vampire from the perspective of someone who has no idea what they are? The concept of my story is that i would rewrite the story of the first ever vampire in a medieval - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If this doesn't help, sorry. I tried.

Just don't dumb it down too much. The guy doesn't know what a vampire is, but he isn't a complete imbecile. The readers already know what a vampire is, no need to explain it to them.

Also: how does his friend know he has a lust for blood, maybe he's just really violent? Don't imply it right at the start. Usually people get it wrong the first time. Don't give him the answers, if that makes sense.

So: don't dumb it down, we already know what a vampire is. Also, use logical deductions you would make to reach the logical conclusion he makes. Work your way to the conclusion w/ him.

Basically put him in your shoes. Think of it like acting, if that helps: you're the actor, and the vampire's friend is the character you're playing. When actors act, usually it isn't just reading lines.

Often, actors examine their characters: what are their goals, what do they want, how do they reach their goal, what's happening, what is the context, etc.

So , in other words, be like an actor, I guess.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sims2267584

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best