logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: How to avoid repetitive sentence structure? I've realized that I always start sentences with (name of character), he, she, it, they, her, his, the, after (a moment/that), and then. I wonder

Twilah982 @Twilah982

Try gong deeper in the pov:

1rst person:

Where was everyone? Had they all gone to a safe place that nobody told me about? I stared at my hands. Did anything in this world really belong to me? No, nothing did everything had turned to dust. Boyfriends and friends they possessed and accompanied me but nothing substantial. I sat down, and looked back at the moon, left alone, waiting for the moon to fall from the sky.

Third person close:

Where was everyone? Had they all gone to a safe place that nobody told me about? Adele stared at her hands. Did anything in this world really belong to me? No, nothing did everything had turned to dust. Boyfriends and friends they possessed and accompanied her but nothing substantial. She sat down, and looked back at the moon, left alone, waiting for the moon to fall from the sky.

Please do this in your own style this is just an example to try and help. It takes time study sentence structure and flow both can help keep a writer mindful of staying away from anything that makes the words choppy. Your writing is beautiful.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme