bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Do people still read blogs? I am under the impression they do but I have colleagues who believe nobody reads blogs anymore, and that if you must blog, video blogs are better. Any thoughts - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I am under the impression they do but I have colleagues who believe nobody reads blogs anymore, and that if you must blog, video blogs are better. Any thoughts on this? Is writing becoming redundant?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Berryessa137

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

As the Web continues to develop, I see a trend that can't be denied. Shorter and simpler is far better than lengthy and content focused. Also, comedy seems to be a hit. If you can make it short and make it funny, it becomes memorable and "watch-worthy," if that's a word. If you're blogging about insurance and you drone on and on about shop talk insurance jargon, you just lost at least 70% of those that even gave your blog a fighting chance. If, however, you make it concise, funny and endearing (focusing on common issues your target audience encounters and making light of them), all the while offering a solution, you have the makings of a successful blog/vlog.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I read several blogs each week. If they are relevant, well-written and interesting I take the time to read them. If they aren't, I delete the without reading them.

Load Full (0)