bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Tactics to get past getting stuck? I love writing, but I can never truly get past the first few pages of a story that I am attempting. Even if it is well planned out. I always get stuck - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

My best advice to you is to keep your stories interesting. Sometimes a writer may get bored with a story they're writing simply because the idea of the story doesn't motivate them to keep writing; it's just boring. If that's your problem, the solution is to come up with a better idea.

Other times it could be because you have no idea where the story is going, so it helps to already have a plot chart out for the story before you start writing it. Not to say, of course, that it's impossible to write a book without a plot chart, the first four I wrote I didn't use one.

Another thing that helps is encouragement from friends. If you want to write a book, let your friends know. I wouldn't have even started half as many as I did if it wasn't for my friends pushing me. They've been asking me when my current works-in-progress will be done for years.

So, to summarize: 1. Keep your plot and characters interesting. 2. Know where the book is going, before you get invested in it. 3. Let your friends help you

Helpful links:
goteenwriters.blogspot.com/2011/12/8-ways-to-stay-focused-on-your-novel.html (This one is geared towards teen writers, but it gives some good advice for all novices, I believe.)
www.fictionfactor.com/articles/stay-motivated-with-writing.html

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best