bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Tips for continuing plot when the spearhead character is not the protagonist? In the story I am writing, the main character is not in control of the events of the story, I did this to create - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

In the story I am writing, the main character is not in control of the events of the story, I did this to create a strong sense of powerlessness, but I have found a problem. I am having difficulties introducing the plot points in ways that feel real, every way I have of introducing new plot points only seems to feel forced.

How can I introduce plot points to a non-spearhead character, without it feeling forced?

(In the unlikely event that it matters, the protagonist is a young underage soldier fighting for a guerrilla rebellion)

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @XinRu607

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Also read books like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and Moby Dick, and the Great Gatsby, where the most proactive character isn't the viewpoint character. Analyze the ways these authors make it work, maybe even annotate the text in search of this, and then go back to your original manuscript and try to incorporate some of your findigs into it. Yes, this canbe tedious, but analyzing books can teach you much more than any other advice I could give you. Good luck!

Load Full (0)