bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Generally would an onomatopoeia come before or after the source action is implied I have a section which uses an onomatopoeia but I can write it in 2 ways The onomatopoeia before source action - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I have a section which uses an onomatopoeia but I can write it in 2 ways
The onomatopoeia before source action is implied:

"you do realize that she's the personification of the tome. your processing your love for a inanimate object"
*SLAP!*
it was an instant response with total disregard to the possible repercussion, it was all Hayate could do short from wanting to ring Nevulis's neck "I won't have you talk about her like that. Reinforce is alive! could an inanimate object be the father of our daughter!"

The onomatopoeia after source action is implied:

"you do realize that she's the personification of the tome. your processing your love for a inanimate object"
Hayate's rage boiled over. without thinking, ignoring the possible repercussions from Nevulis her hand rose and...
*SLAP!*
"I won't have you talk about her like that. Reinforce is alive! could an inanimate object be the father of our daughter!"

In both cases it's implied that the slap has come from Hayate striking Nevulis in anger from her comment. I am wondering which is generally more accepted, the onomatopoeia coming before or after the source action is implied.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jessie137

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

This isn't a comic strip, it's prose. Written this way, the slap seems cartoony. I'd much rather you describe the action than simply recite the sound it makes.

Load Full (0)