bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I need a good simile to demonstrate a distortion of the facts I am writing a persuasive argument in rebuttal of a specific document. I'm tired of the word "distortion," and this time I want - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Simile - compare-to using "like" or "as" (kinda tired but I suppose this is a noun...)

"Like Harvey Levin with a side-boob shot"
Lets use your ex. as template....
"Calling such grades passing is like calling a 'California Roll-though' a legal traffic maneuver."
"Calling such grades passing is like calling Business Math legit."
"Calling such grades passing is like calling is like calling a violent crime-scene a 'spot of blood here and there.'
"Calling such grades passing is like calling Jimi Hendrix an average guitar player."
"Calling such grades passing is like calling [Mr. X[ the best art teacher in the entire district." [Mr. X obviously sucks hard b@ll$$]
"Calling such grades passing is like calling that mangled SUV out front [the one they use to scare us straight once a year - complete with blood and unwashed brain matter] "in good taste."
...and as I wind down...a touch of unverifiable abstract editorial...
"Calling such grades passing is like calling Hemingway's writing technique anything more than "typing." (as contrast - try F. Scott Fitzgerald on for size).

Hope this....[j/k] ...confuses you ;) - Tap

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best