bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Where can I find a dictionary for the Aklo fictional language? I am attempting to locate a dictionary that will allow me to translate words into Aklo, a fictional language used by writers such - selfpublishingguru.com

10.04% popularity

I am attempting to locate a dictionary that will allow me to translate words into Aklo, a fictional language used by writers such as Lovecraft. Where could I find such a thing? If a dictionary doesn't exist, are there other resources that can help me?

(Aklo is a fictional language used by multiple authors, which is why I felt it proper to ask this here on Writers.)

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Martha805

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I have this, just in case anyone is interested. A sort of Aklo Dictionary both in English and Spanish:
docs.google.com/document/d/1NseDwMGLa1pZbeLe90IcCBYzDyEf5lkBY0P0JBbnPU8/
As moderators had asked me to do so, I will elaborate: a not so long time ago, some guy with Linguistics education had a blog where he designed not only the Aklo alphabet, but also a sort of dictionary with some structure basis in order to know how to construct phrases. His work was based on Lovecraft's and the rest of his Literature group who enjoyed expanding this Universe writings and Alan Moore's comics based on Lovecraft Universe as there's some Aklo vocabulary in them as well.

This blog, sadly, doesn't exist any longer, but I was fortunate enough to get out the most of it and make this dictionary I'm linking to this question. I'm Spanish, so that's why it is translated in both English and Spanish languages.

I also have some PDF documents about Aklo this guy wrote. Notice that the PDF's documents are not mine, some guy called Cyberangel wrote them. I have uploaded them here and here.1

1 Some users have reported issues accessing these links. If someone can advise me on where I should upload them for sharing that would be appreciated. Currently trying to use MEGA and Google Docs.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Unfortunately, I don't think you will find one. I spent a good while trying to do some research. It seems that it is purposely left unknown. Some interesting suggestions in this link though about creating one similar to it.

Here you can find some pictures of the letter chart system which may also help.

below is an section found in my research that may help point you to the right direction in this link

Since the Aklo language is still in use today, certain cultists and sorcerers may have records and codices in this language. One of the best known public records of the Aklo language is the Unaussprechlichen Kulten which contains a key to deciphering the Aklo lettering system and a rudimentary dictionary. The Aklo Tablets (also known as Aklo Writings or the Aklo Book) appear reproduced in the book Remnants of Lost Empires.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Personal Lexicon is geared towards students of a language. However, it can be used both as a repository of words (organised in any type of categories you wish) and as a repository of grammar rules. There are languages that are already built in and which you can simply download, or you can create a file for a new language, whether its a real human language or an invented one.

There are more programmes out there so, if I come across any more, I'll add to this answer.

Load Full (0)