bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is a reasonable rate for proofreading a manuscript in terms of sales percentage? If offered a percentage of profit for an ebook (e.g. after Amazon's cut), what is reasonable charge for - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If someone asked me to proofread in return for a percentage, I'd turn them down, because I'd want to be paid as soon as the work is done, and I wouldn't want how much I get paid to be dependent on sales of copies.

However, if you want to take them up on it, I guess you should first work out the flat fee you'd be willing to work for, then work backwards from there.

Where n is a reasonable estimate for number of copies the book is likely to seel, p is the net profit on each copy of the book, and s is the minimum sum you want to be paid, then the percentage you should ask for is s / p * n * 100.

The tricky bit is n, as you can't know for sure, but you could look at sales figures for similar titles in that subject area and correlate it with sales of the author's previous titles, maybe?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best