bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I am teaching myself how to write a novel -- where can I find support and resources? I want to have training in how to write fiction (particularly science fiction). I know that I can take - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Repeating what I've said elsewhere. Writing Excuses is a podcast that specializes in Sci-Fi/Fantasy. They have a master course, that I mentioned earlier (season 10) on how to write a novel. It's free. It's my only recommend, but it won't be enough.

Writing a novel is "easy". You just have to have a sufficient piece of writing that's long enough. Writing a good novel is something that takes years of practice. You can get that practice in many ways. Analyzing the work of other masters. Having someone teach you the basics. Engaging in discussions with your peers.

You've asked specifically for things that "teach" you how to write a novel. Well, here it is: Sit down and write every day until you have enough words to constitute a novel. If your end goal is to have a novel; you will have to do this at some point. Writing is one of those things you learn more by doing.

Certainly, pick up one or two books. Certainly, read a few blogs. Certainly, attend a writing class. All of these things will give you perspective, but at some point you just have to sit down and write. When you finally do that, you can take your work to a local writing group and they'll help you figure out where you need to improve.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best