bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to write a manipulative protagonist that the audience can connect with I've created a manipulative sort of protagonist, one who enjoys mind games, blackmail, systematically destroying people - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

To add to an excellent (in my opinion) answer by @LaurenIpsum :

There might be a case when your protagonist has to manipulate/blackmail an innocent person, who had done nothing to wrong her, and yet still be forgiven by the reader–when it is done for a greater good.

First thing which comes to mind: "If you will not step forward and testify against the thug who raped you–because you are ashamed to admit it publicly–I am going to go ahead and expose your secret anyway, so it is for you to decide if you are going to be known as the person who did the right thing, or as a coward, blah-blah..."

You might also show her reluctance to resort to such method, yet having to go ahead with it, because she has no other means to achieve that greater good of putting the rapist behind bars so he could not hurt anyone else.

Try to make the reader understand the motivations of your protagonist and agree with the necessity of her actions.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murphy332

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best