bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Can I transition from real to fictional places in fantasy series? I've started to write my first Fantasy novel. But there's one question that always bugs me. If I were to have a Kingdom, of - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I've started to write my first Fantasy novel. But there's one question that always bugs me. If I were to have a Kingdom, of course I would have a fictional name for it. So if I have a non-fictional place in my first few books, can I have a non-fictional setting later on in the series?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Fox6458700

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

"So if I have a non-fictional place in my first few books, can I have a fictional setting later on in the series?"

If you mean, the first three books in the series are rigorously historically accurate historical drama set in, say, Britain, and then in the fourth book the characters head off to the Land of Oz, this could be very tricky to pull off. I can enjoy a historical drama like Downton Abbey. I can enjoy a science fiction story like Star Trek. But if on the fourth season of Downton Abbey the characters were beamed aboard the Enterprise and headed off to another planet, wow, that would have to be done VERY skillfully to work. Most likely I'd say "oh give me a break" and turn it off.

Jumping from one genre to another is possible, but very hard to pull off.

Load Full (0)