bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it illegal to imagine a real person for a fictional character? There are times I meet someone for a brief time, maybe a couple hours, and their personality impresses me enough to create - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I sure hope not... all my characters are 'inspired' by very real people I know. Even my stories contain real situations that I have been in or someone I know has been in.

And I am sure, no it is not illegal. If you have copied each and every bit of their personality, you can always give them credit and let them know. If they would have any objections, they would let you know. However, since you say you have met people for a couple of hours and they have inspired some characters in your story - then, dear friend, you cant know a person completely in a short time span. You may have reflected on the traits that you could capture but not all. So, I believe even if they read your work, they wont be able to identify that it is based on them.

Of course, there are so many characters that are based on real people. Even the same person can be an inspiration for multiple characters. It all depends on how the author pens down.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kimberly114

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best