bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to present a human protagonist from a narrator who does not know what a human is? My protagonist is an average human as we know it in a world populated by different animal-like species. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I get cussed for my short dismissive answers but it should be some sort of qualification for a fiction writer to possess an imagination.

You need to primarily note the differences between you (a polar bear) and this new creature. Beyond that you need to attempt to categorise this creature in the context of other creatures you have seen. You may also wish to theorise as to why the creature looked and behaved the way it did.

I observed a creature. On first observation it possessed smooth, lizard like skin but it had no tail so it was not a lizard. Al large amphibian perhaps? No. It strayed far from water and its movements were mammal-like - one step at a time as opposed to a two-at-a-time hopping motion. When I braved to get closer I clearly see it was a mammal. Possibly it's fur had been decimated by disease as it did no cover the entire body as should. The creature existed in a perpetual state of anger, always up on its hind-legs ready to fight. This single creature appeared puny and weak, and as a meal could provide very little sustenance. It seemed intelligent, perhaps we could capture and tame this one - teach it to provide some manner of of function or service. Was this specimen male or female, and if we found another would they breed in captivity?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best