bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What country do I use? I'm writing an original story about figure skating. Problem: I have no idea what country to use for my main character. I need a country that: Actually exists Does not - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You have to get more fictitious than you like. Your set of requirements is just too strict.

Maybe the easiest way is to set your story in a country that does participate in Olympics, but does not have much of figure skating tradition.

Another way (often used too) is to create a fictitious setting in a real country, where your character would have a full freedom of development. There are so many fiction books where (for example) USA has a fictitious president, so if you create a wholly different picture of one sport, it's not a big deal. Just be sure to stress that your setting is "alternate", and have some characters miss the "good old days", when figure skaters of that country actually got medals.

Third way is to create a fictitious country, but that, I imagine, would be more work.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murphy332

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best