bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: creating convincing characters who are under the influence but avoids stereotypes I'm working on a story set in university. I remember from my time at university that it was fairly common for - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

From my experience of watching friends and neighbors use weed, some of them fit the stereotype to a T, and others... not so much. A lot of how you act when under the influence is also predicated by personality.

I know some people who get high and just sit there calm and collected. I also know a person who got into a fight with a fish.... that was a design pattern in the carpet.... I had a neighbor who smoked before they did anything as if it was almost their cup of coffee. You couldn't even tell they were high unless you saw the red in their eyes. I know of a friend who smoked too much and ended up fainting.

The munchies are definitely real, the laughing, paranoia is iffy. I have mostly only seen that with harder drugs but I do know of people who started freaking out over nothing.

In the end, it's everything you think it is and not at the same time. It really just depends on the role you want it to play (comedy relief or just a recreational thing done at a party) and the person/people who are consuming it. It's a lot like alcohol, everyone reacts differently to the same thing. Vodka makes 1 person angry while it also makes someone else giggly. So there isn't 1 size fits all. You just have general stereotypes.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @YK4692630

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best