bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it impractical (not cost effective) to publish individual short stories on Amazon KDP? This answer suggests that nothing published through Amazon (or other indie e-book route) should be priced - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The problem with publishing short stories on Amazon is basically the same as the general problem with publishing --too much competition. With an almost unlimited supply of writing to choose from, what (other than personal friendship) is going to steer someone towards your work? That problem doesn't change if you change your pricing --or the length of what you write.

As you mentioned, it's the chicken-or-the-egg problem. How can I sell if I'm not known, how can I become known if I don't sell? I'd suggest trying to build up a reputation first, either via traditional publishing, or by releasing fiction free, either on a blog, or in a community oriented around the kind of work you write. Once you gain a following, you can switch to online sales, and at a price-point that reflects your platform.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best