bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to make "Joffrey like" characters for a "kick that son of a bitch " moment We know what I'm talking about. The feeling when the legal side of a story doesn't bothers us too much because - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Killing the opposition; even brutally, is an understandable trait of a villain. Mass "impersonal" killing (setting a bomb, firing a missile, exploding a nuclear weapon) are understandable traits, too.

Even if those kill babies and kids and innocents, the villain is killing them for some cause or purpose. What makes a villain truly hated is completely unnecessary killing, often casual, of innocent, defenseless and relatable characters, for no plausible reason.

For example, my hit man can brutally slaughter twenty gangsters. He might even be a bit cruel and vindictive (like in the movie franchise Taken); this can be seen as "justice." He isn't hated yet.

But as he is leaving, my hit man is checking rooms for survivors, and in the last room finds a baby girl, about six months old, lying in a crib. He smiles. He says, "Aww!" and seems genuinely pleased.

Then he shoots the baby.

Now he is hated.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Odierno164

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best