bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can a character kill itself without having a weapon? I read so many stories including characters who got captured, sometimes they are trained soldiers etc., sometimes they are just an average - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think you have the wrong question. Yes, people can, if motivated, kill themselves with very little equipment e.g. bash your head on the floor enough times, or stand on a bed and dive head first into the concrete floor. I imagine, but haven't tried, that you could, given something to wedge yourself against, break your own neck by twisting it. In the end people can starve themselves to death or refuse drink so that they die of thirst (which is much quicker than starving).

However, there are two reasons why anything other than an easy death (say, by pistol) is not taken. Firstly, pain and other inconvenience. Personally, I am not a big one for pain and so avoiding it is one of my priorities. Therefore, some characters are going to want to avoid pain to end their own lives.

Secondly, and this is related to the first point, why do they want to die? Is it to avoid pain? Is a less painful method available? Do they have no hope? At least in stories, many main characters have hope. Related, is there no chance of escape?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Heady158

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best