bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Rewriting a scifi story to fit with actual science, should I do it as I go? Rewriting a scifi story to fit with actual science, should I do it as I go, or just write first and make the - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'd definitely try to get the rough structure down first as previously mentioned. After that, you could consider switching efforts depending on your motivation.

When you have the time and motivation to be detail-oriented, and to research the science behind part of the story, do so.
When you reach an impasse/run out of energy/get sick of that, you can set that aside and switch to moving forward with fleshing out the story outline or writing more of individual parts of the story.
When a concern or idea on either of these things pops up, write down enough details so you can revisit it later.

This would hopefully let you make progress along both lines, so when the story's mostly done, so will (hopefully) a good chunk of the science research. You may need to rework some of the story afterwards, but you're always making progress.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best