bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is there a YouTube for writers? Basically a way to share manuscripts on social media The title explains it. I'm looking for a place to post my writing and easily share it onto Facebook or - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There's forums, where you can post excerpts of your work for critique, there's Figment, which is merging with a service called Underlined, there's DeviantArt, which is mostly for artists, and not exclusively (and harder to upload work) for writers, and there's Wattpad.

All of those options have their advantages and disadvantages.

Wattpad is very fan fiction focused.

Figment is very reliant on having to give feedback to others before getting any good feedback.

Deviant Art is harder for writers to upload work to than it is for the illustrators and digital artists it was created for,

And the forums are spotty with feedback and not always accommodating to newer members.

As for my offer to create a service that would allow users to get feedback for their writing and such, it's very much just an idea at the moment; as there's already a lot of services that offer the same sort of thing.

However, having used a good lot of those services, none them really worked well, except for one that doesn't exist anymore.

So, to answer your question, there's services which writers can use to share their work and get feedback, but not a lot of good ones, and even the good ones aren't that good.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Merenda569

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best