bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Names and aliases This is related to my previous question. So, let's say I want the readers to not be sure of who my character really is. They'd know her as Olivia, but think she might be - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I wouldn't think so. This is done some times in anime (to reference a more popular one Attack on Titan), where a character is known as Jane, but then we found out she really is some other person of the past that is connected to the whole main plot. We also find out their real name is Jenny.

I can see this working well, but create that mystery that maybe Olivia does not remember her past, this name was given to her by someone (probably at a hospital as it sounds like she was potentially in a harmful situation). Then she is spending the whole time as Olivia while the reader wonders who she really is throughout the story dropping clues every so often as potential real identities.

Or maybe Olivia changed her own name, and knows who she really is the whole time, but you leave minor bread crumbs throughout the story so that when it is revealed, the reader does not feel cheated and can look back and see the hints left on second read.

Either way, I see no issue with this!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best