bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How many pages should cover the Ordinary World of the Protagonist? How many pages and chapters should cover the Ordinary World also known as the normal world of the Protagonist? Ordinary World - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It depends.... I think that is a story has a familiar setting then it is okay to make it short or the reader will get bored. But if the story has an unfamiliar & unique setting then it is good to spend time on it, so the readers do not get confused. But if you spend too much time in the ordinary world and it has nothing to do with the story then the reader can feel cheated, since the end and beginning has to tie together.

*Judging from the small part of the story that you shared, and if I misunderstood than I apologize. I would suggest spending time in the ordinary world to humanize the characters and the reader can learn about the world, so the ending will have more dramatic. And try to not kill to more than one main character. But imprisoning is fine since then he can rescue them and reader will root for him and cry for them. And if logistically, imprisoning everyone does not work then only imprison his family since they are the leaders. So spend all 30% of your novel on the ordinary world. But feel free to ignore that if I misunderstood.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best