bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Our note in footnote of a book How do I designate the footnotes that are mine inside a quote? I tried "our note", "note ours" and "remark is ours". Which one is the correct one and most - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm assuming here that you mean you've got your own footnotes, but some of the citations from the original work contain their own footnotes from that work.

If this is the case, the first question to ask is: do you need the original footnote? If not, then remove it.

If you do need it, then I would suggest you make it your own footnote by doing something like this:

Title of the article uses « novamente», while in the journal’s table of contents — « nuovamente»
Shakespeare noted "That is the question".

Personally, I would use footnotes very sparingly, if at all. They can be very annoying and make your text difficult to read. In the majority of cases, turning footnotes into endnotes works much better.

Edit: Another possible solution you could try is to just include the original footnote verbatim, and then include a reference at the end to demonstrate it's from the original work. Example:

"That is the question." (A. N. Author, 2000, pg. 150)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best