bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Do editors rewrite? I write fiction, I guess you could say experimental fiction, but I just feel I am more of a stylist. Every story of mine that's been accepted was taken as is. Now, for - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'd also say it is worth seeing what "light editorial" is about.

It might be worth asking what is driving them to change, I'd ask about a few (three) specific changes you see as critical that are ruined by the editorial changes.

If you can understand the nature of their concerns, you might be able to generalize them enough to address them by making your own changes and rewrites to fit their demands, within your own 'rhythm' parameters. For example, what you think of as 'rhythm' is so ungrammatical or forced that, to the editor, it disrupts the flow of reading too much to try and figure out what is supposed to be communicated, which also breaks their suspension of disbelief, and that is why they changed it. If you know that, perhaps you can work harder to make it non-disruptive, in your style.

Or you can refuse to change it because it is your "art". That is always your prerogative, but exercising it may mean not getting published.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Welton431

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best