bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How old do you have to be to Self-Publish? I am currently working on a novel, and this is my first novel I would want to get published. I’ve practiced writing since the age of five (I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There is no age limit for publishing, but self-publishing can be expensive and difficult. If you are determined to do it, I would recommend POD (print on demand) publishing, and only going through a service where you pay NO UP-FRONT COSTS. A legit POD service will change you only per printed book, and only an amount comparable to purchasing a new book (i.e. around ). However, that means you'll have to supply all the proof-reading, editing, formatted text, cover art and so forth for the book yourself. (Also, as Pawana mentioned, you may need a parent or other adult to actually sign up for the service.)

Instead of going straight for a novel, however, I would strongly recommend writing some short stories and trying to have them published. There are many short-story outlets --magazines, contests, etc -- focused specifically on young authors, and you even might get paid instead of having to spend money.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best