bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How To Settle On An Ending? I've had a few different ideas for an ending that I've narrowed down to two. They both fit the tone and they both fit the story. But they are also completely - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The purpose of the ending is to provide closure to the reader. In other words: The primary questions need to be answered, the fate of the main characters clear (or intentionally open, but not simply unanswered) and all the major threads tied up.

If you have two endings, check which one provides a better closing to the story, answers more questions, concludes more storylines.

If they are equal in that, my answer was to go with the one with the stronger emotional impact. I am in the final edit of my first book and I also had two endings. A happy end and a tragic end. They both tie up the story nicely and answer all open questions. However, one of them is good while the other still has a massive emotional impact on me no matter how many times I read it. Obviously, I went with that one.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sue2132873

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best