bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I keep most of it in my head; but when I do write it down I just use an outline in a standard text editor. Word or Google docs is fine. The lowest level is the chapter, then the next - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I keep most of it in my head; but when I do write it down I just use an outline in a standard text editor. Word or Google docs is fine. The lowest level is the chapter, then the next tends to be scene; and then I write the events of import I want to track. I build this after the writing is done. I keep a separate "revision Bible" where I free text issues as they come up and merge reader notes.

Tracking every element would never work for me; I would spend more time maintaining the structure than I would writing. So I do the least amount of work possible.

This may not work for you as a visual person, but outlines really are the standard. Everything else is variation on the theme. Visual methods you might want to look into include: The diagrams people have been referencing, used to engineer software & workflows; I've also heard of people that pin up note cards on the wall so they can see the outline all at once and move bits around. You may also want to look up storyboarding.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ann1701686

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best