bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Problem writing on a keyboard properly I have a problem. For many years of playing games, I've developed a strange habit; I write with all the fingers on my left hand, which is very nice. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Just keep on writing! The more you write, the more used to it you'll get :)

I'm also a gamer, and English isn't my first language, so writing in English was a big struggle for me a few years back. I was generally slow to type, even in my first language. But as they say, practice makes perfect. If you're writing a relatively large story, you'll notice that, once approaching its end, you'll be typing a lot more quickly - and effectively/efficiently - than when you started.

Also, if it serves any consolation, I just noticed that I too type with only two fingers on my right hand. While not the most optimal way of typing - and I did take some dactylography classes - it is the quickest I found. To be completely fair, had I kept on practicing typing after those classes, I would be using all of my fingers from both hands without raising them or looking at the keyboard every now and again, but even still, it's quick enough where it's not really a problem.

If you still want to get the best practices (or as they say, the "correct" way of typing), I definitely recommend taking some typing classes. They're massively boring and repetitive, but ultimately helpful!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sherry594

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best