bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Problem writing on a keyboard properly I have a problem. For many years of playing games, I've developed a strange habit; I write with all the fingers on my left hand, which is very nice. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Brains Do What Is Easiest

The challenge is that our brains tend to want to do what is easy.
Over the years, you've built neural pathways which fire very easily. Now those pathways fire much more quickly and cause you to continue the old behavior/habit.

What you need to do is figure out some way to not allow yourself to cheat.
Since it is likely you are not truly touch-typing but looking at your keyboard the most direct way to retrain yourself is to not allow yourself to look at your keyboard.

Distraction

What you really need is a distraction. You need to distract or disallow your current behavior. The best way to do that is to start a touch typing tutorial / software of some type which forces you to type while you look at the screen.
You may find it necessary to hide your hands and keyboard underneath something so you absolutely cannot cheat.

If you do this, it will feel terrible at first as your brain thinks it is ridiculous to make something difficult which is apparently so easy with your two fingers.

If you'll commit to looking only at the screen and learning to find the keys by distances using only appropriate fingers you will find that after a couple of days your typing speed will grow at amazing rates.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best