bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Abbreviation for "figures" in scientific papers In scientific papers, the term "Figure" -- referring to an illustration in the text -- is often abbreviated as "Fig." But is "Figures" abbreviated - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm a translator. Once upon a time, I searched "scientific paper style figure table abbreviation" and I got this:

Abbreviation of the word "Figure": When referring to a Figure in the text, the word "Figure" is abbreviated as "Fig.", while "Table" is not abbreviated. Both words are spelled out completely in descriptive legends.

In short: main text -> abbreviation; caption -> spell out.

Later, the format that I use and the one my coworker uses conflict. I searched hard to find the old reference back and this time I notice that the reference is from "Bates College" (what is that anyway) and in the process of the "re-searching" (I mean "search again") it turns out Bates College is the only place that says you should style a paper this way!

As a result, there is no uniform global rule. And I have to follow the "local rule" (I don't like it).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Dunderdale623

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best