bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: So I finished my novel. Now what do I do? A few days ago I finished the first draft of my current novel project after a few months of work, finishing at 83,212 words. Now what should I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is my methodology, right now.

Write a pitch and/or query letter. You need to anyway and if you can't it likely indicates you need to do more work in the revision phase. Trying to write a query will hopefully tell you if your book is any good.
Did you outline your book to start? If the answer is no, now may be a good time to do it so that you have a high level view of your book. This may immediately point out inconsistencies. Take notes as you go. If you did outline, figure out if you match. I am turning my novel into a treatment from the outline (see my post history).
Now you need to know if your book is working. If you can't tell you need an honest resource who knows a thing or two about good books and story telling.
Sort your problems by importance and start fixing what you can. If you've got a goal in mind (pitch/query), stay on target.
Proof read and/or get an editor.
Shop it out by pitch and query. Plan to submit 200 times before giving up. Start working on the next one.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ann1701686

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best