bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Thoroughly Despicable Characters I'm midway through a Masters in Creative Writing. My tutor recently told me (something like): each character deserves a chance to be liked by the reader. I didn't - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I would like to point to the Villian Thanos from the Avengers: Infinity War movie that came out recently. And apologies for spoilers, but it was the fastest movie to reach billion so I doubt many readers have not seen it.

Long story short, the film is more about Thanos than the Avengers. His stated goal is to kill half the population of the entire known universe... go big or go home... and while it's assumed that the vast majority of the people watching the film are opposed to this plan, they understand the considerable pain Thanos goes through in an attempt to accomplish this goal. By the films end, Thanos has lost all but one of his adopted children and is able to sympathize with someone who has lost an important person in their own life. The villain is a true threat to the heroes and pushes many to the breaking point and yet, when we see the Thanos weep, its understandable. You can be opposed to his goal and still find his humanity.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @LarsenBagley300

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best