bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Fiction writing or creative writing? I'd like to take a writing course, and I'm just a little lost on what course to take and need some guidance. Is a creative writing course worth taking - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Take them all, even if they are the same course if they are taught by different teachers you'll learn different things from each experience. For example, the community college I finished my associates of arts degree offered three creative writing classes but each teacher took it in a different direction. I have 'creative non-fiction' 'micro-fiction' and 'creative writing.' All were listed in the catalog as just creative writing classes. In the first I learned how to write biographies the way people actually write them (who knew you could change so much and still call it non-fiction?). The second was how to write complete stories in 500-1000 words. The third had some poetry in it. When I went to the university to complete my bachelor's degree, the classes again were all called creative writing but were in sequence and though they were supposed to follow a trend overall, each teacher made it their own and so the first and second class in sequence felt identical but for the specific works we read and the third was completely different.

I learned important things from each.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lee1909368

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best